- A scholar shall be entitled to the following benefits during his/her 4- or 5-year course:
- Actual cost of tuition and miscellaneous fees not to exceed Php40,000.00 per academic year, regardless of the number of terms (not to include summer classes and provided that the course is finished within the regular duration prescribed by the school for that 4- or 5-year course);
- A monthly stipend of Php3,000.00; and
- A scholar who graduates with Latin honor shall be awarded a monetary incentive of Php20,000.00 for cum laude, Php30,000.00 for magna cum laude or Php50,000.00 for summa cum laude.
- Duly accomplished application forms must be submitted to the nearest GSIS office.
Download: 2019 GSIS Scholarship Application Form
For all applicants: please submit the following requirements to the nearest GSIS office processing.
- Birth Certificate of a dependent;
- Certificate of employment of the member (not a requirement for PTD pensioner-applicants);
- Certification from the school that the nominated scholar is accepted as incoming college freshmen-dependents during the current academic year.
- Endorsement from the head of agency/office attesting to the veracity of the claim that applicant belongs to the above-mentioned sectors; and
- Government-issued authentication i.e., PWD ID from the local social welfare development office (LSWDO) or National Council on Disability Affairs; Certificate of Confirmation of Tribal Membership from the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples; and SP ID from LSWDO.
All active GSIS members [with premium payments for the last six (6) months] may nominate, provided that:
- They are permanent employees in the government, who are regular GSIS members at the time of application, with at least three (3) years of service;
- They are at salary grade (SG) 24 or below or its equivalent job level; and
- They have incoming college freshmen-dependents who are accepted in or taking up any 4- or 5-year course or in priority courses identified by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), in a Higher Education Institution (HEI) with its own charter or a school qualified by the CHED as Levels IV and III, Autonomous or Deregulated (Annex B).