According to the Republic Act, 11261 or the “First Time Job Seekers Assistance Act” newly graduated Filipinos are not required to pay fees in government agencies, if they wanted to get clearances or certificates from them if they’re seeking for work.
- Barangay clearance
- National Bureau of Investigation clearance
- Birth certificate
- Police clearance certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Medical certificate from a public hospital
- Transcript of academic records issued by state colleges and universities
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) card
- Other documentary requirements issued by the government that may be required by employers for job applicants.
To avail the exemption, applicants shall submit a barangay certification as proof that the individual is a first-time jobseeker. The new law covers not only fresh graduates but also out-of-school youth.
Read more related Information: